Thursday, November 4, 2010

To Femi; a Poem to a Bloody Blogger


inset Efemena Adagama in an Art Class.

I appreciate the poem written to me by Efemena Adagama but I do not consider myself as intelligent. In fact, I have never deemed it fit to add "intelligent" to my profile. I am just myself. Creative at least.I and Efemena met on facebook and he happens to be one of the poets that I respect a lot. I have read some of his poems and have encouraged him to publish.

TO FEMI

He who meets you meets a white-haired professor
He who meets you feels the charming wisdom of OAU
And he who knows you has known literature
Is Ife not known for its intellectual rascality
and its intellectual tower of bookism spanning years
Are you not the iroko of letters and letters of ink
that have been used by us in defining its name
I spread my books on the floor - walk on
I spread my pen on the floor - walk on
He who meets you meets a white-haired professor
And I have met a white-haired professor here

No comments:

Post a Comment